March 16, 2011

Jungles

Wow so look, there's an explanation for our absence--some explanations, really:
I'm in Brazil and well it's a jungle out there. Last week + a few days ago was Carnaval, and then after Carnaval I went to the beach for a few days, and I mean the only music I've been listening to really is some samba from the 1950s and two OFWGKTA albums which I can't blog about because they're making their way into blog antiquity but I'm nevertheless addicted to.
And then that Toro y Moi remix of "French"? Oh, eff.
Meanwhile, the better two-thirds of us is marooned in an Amazon or else maybe it's more like a Congo of schoolwork. Wish them luck/get them an aid package it costs like $12 at Lake.
And all this stuff about jungles--well it's kind of funny because somewhere probably in a tropical rainforest in Mexico Danniel Radall recorded his totally rad new album, Pardo. Vibrant but relaxing, with a candidly clean-and-cool 80s feel, it's pretty much exactly what I would want to be listening to while cruising to the beach from like a nightclub. It's definitely Danniel's most refined and most exciting album; sample it below and chill or dance.


P.S. It's SXSW coming up of course. Any of y'all going, check out Altered Zones's guide. Y'all not going, probably start figuring out a way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment