November 17, 2010

sadness comes along

Photo by SPiDeR.

My laptop is getting old. It's a fossilized, four-year-old hand-me-down from my younger brother (sigh). I'm getting used to its propensity for underperformance. So when I reached the one-minute mark in "I'll Be Wait For Sadness Comes Along," the new track by Ann Arbor, Michigan resident Jeremy Malvin's solo project Chrome Sparks, I figured my browser had just hiccuped again. I've never been so happy to have been proven wrong.

"I'll Be Wait For Sadness Comes Along" is certainly among the best tracks I've heard this year. Beginning with a few chimes and a faded guitar riff, sort of like a forgotten version of Sigur Rós' "Hoppipola," it takes a minute before it hits you with that beat. The pulse keeps the warm, immersive track surging forward, like something out of Baths' Cerulean. It's no surprise he's been getting plenty of love from some of our favorite blogs.

Other blogs have been taking down his mp3s, so I won't post it, but I will link to his brand-new Bandcamp where you can grab "I'll Be Wait" along with another superb six-minute jam, "Our Love Is Heartbeats; Our Love Is Hot Beats" for just $1. This guy is worth your support - I can't wait to hear more from him.

Stream: Chrome Sparks - I'll Be Wait For Sadness Comes Along


Chrome Sparks:

No comments:

Post a Comment