January 4, 2011

12 Albums From 2010 I Want To Recognize

...because they're not by Kanye West, Robyn, Sufjan Stevens or Deerhunter, because we honored them a bunch already, assuming what we give them is worth calling "honor" (in alphabetical order).

by Gavin

Bathcrones - Psychorama

Baths - Cerulean
Beach House - Teen Dream (whatever)
Emeralds - Does It Look Like I'm Here?
Forest Swords - Dagger Paths
Mark McGuire - Living With Yourself
Oneohtrix Point Never - Returnal
Pac Div - Don't Mention It Mixtape
Sam Amidon - I See The Sign
Tennis - Daytrotter Session 9.24.2010
Valgeir Sigurðsson - Draumalandið
Various Artists - Dope Mountain Fuck

Maybe when I trust myself more as a writer, I'll write about what, specifically, I like about each album, but every time I've tried it in the past, my own words sound completely worthless and tired by the end. So these are albums I enjoyed because I heard something new and exciting in each one. None of them played to my expectations - they all surpassed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment