September 26, 2010

First Post

Welcome to Johnny Whopper! It's Thursday, October 21, 2010 & we're writing our first post. Hello world!

We are Gavin & Knox. Our blog's name comes from the Johnny Whopper Carmineputo sandwich, one of the best things you can put on a grill. Last summer, after everyone else had left campus, Knox & I set up our grills and spent days sitting on the stoop of a half-finished apartment building, sipping brews, grilling, & listening to a lot of music. So for me, grilling and music go hand-in-hand. We're here mostly to talk about music, & we have a weekly radio show on KHDX. It's on Monday nights at 8 pm CST & you can stream it at www.khdx.fm. We might still write about grilling from time to time though.

So I'm Gavin, and I go to a little school in central Arkansas, quite in the middle of nowhere. I've driven 6 hours to Dallas to see a show before - 3 hours to Memphis is no big deal. I am occasionally in Chicago but once I graduate I probably won't be able to afford it. I've never been to Williamsburg - the one time I tried to go, I ended up lost in Crown Heights surrounded by Hasidic Jews in big hats. I've never been on a party pic site & I've never been on a guest list. I've also never written a blog before (though I do curate/act cool at my tumblr).

No comments:

Post a Comment